2nd: KHS Dance 1
3rd: KHS Dance 1
4th: KHS Dance 1
7th: HHS Dance 2
8th: HHS Dance 1
Alternative Assignment Options:
For those of you who have an approved absence from spring show, you will need to complete one of the following assignments for your final exam grade this semester. Starting April 8th, you will be given class time on block days or at teacher's discretion to work on these assignments. Solo performances and project presentations will both be due April 29th.
Choice 1- Choreograph and perform a solo dance performance. You will need to choose appropriate music and incorporate several dance skills that you have learned this year in your dance. The dance should be at least 2 minutes long. You will be graded on your memorization and execution of the choreography, technique, and projection. You will need to chart the choreography (write down all the steps and counts) and turn in a neatly handwritten copy on the day of your performance.
Choreographer Research Project
For this project you will choose a famous choreographer, conduct research about this person, and neatly write/present the following information on a poster board. You will also need to give a speech presentation to the class over the information. You must also include a work cited section which should include at least 3 credible sources (not Wikipedia). On your board and in your speech, you must include:
• Who was the famous choreographer you chose? When and where did this person live? How did he or she become a choreographer and dancer?
• What did he or she think about creating dance and working with dancers? What type of dancers or specific dancers did he or she work with?
• Why was he or she important in the world of dance? How would you describe his or her dance technique and choreography? What made his or her choreography unique?
• What do other people (dancers, choreographers, critics), think of ___________? Why do they think this about him? Do people have a different opinion about him or her today?
• Name and describe some famous pieces choreographed by this person. Use vocabulary you have learned in dance to analyze the dances. What do you think may have inspired this person to create this choreography?
• If someone wanted to learn more about this person or see some of his or her work, how could they do so? Name specific websites, performances, dance schools, books, etc.
• At least one picture that represents this artist and his or her work as a choreographer.
Choreographers to choose from:
Agnes de Mille
Sammy Davis Jr.