Humble ISD Council of PTAs
The Humble ISD Council of PTAs was organized in 1988.We now have 31 local units: 17 elementary schools and 14 secondary schools in the Humble Independent School District. Members receive a periodic newsletter and access to events, such as officer and chairman training, leader orientation training, general meetings, Founders Day Luncheon, and the presentation of the Humble ISD Council of PTAs scholarships.
The Humble ISD Council for PTAs is the vital link of communications among the local, district, State and National PTAs. It serves to inform, inspire and instruct the local member units. Its responsibilities are to strengthen local PTAs/PTSAs; to develop leadership; to promote membership; and cooperate in improving the education and welfare of children and youth.
The Humble ISD Council of PTAs does not legislate for local units; does not duplicate the work of district and local units; cooperates with, but does not join other groups; does not pay dues to State and National; and is a delegated body, but its meetings are open to all members of all units in membership with the Council.
The annual dues for membership in the Humble ISD Council of PTAs are $75 for each local PTA/PTSA unit and should be paid to the council treasurer no later than October 1st.
Five (5) duly accredited delegates represent each local PTA/PTSA unit in the Humble ISD Council of PTAs. These delegates are selected by the local PTA/PTSAs to represent them at all Council meetings and functions. Delegates should consist of the PTA/PTSA President; Principal, and three (3) members of the association. Alternates may vote if delegates are unable to attend.
The Humble ISD Internal Auditor's office has some helpful information relating to the financial aspect of exempt organizations, such as PTAs
Humble ISD Council of PTAs Executive Board 2016-2017
- President: Christina Spears, Christina.Spears@humble.k12.tx.us
- Vice President: Veronica Pena Laijas, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Helen Vine, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Tabitha Collins, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Historian: Open Position
- Parliamentarian: Open Position
- Child Advocacy: Lara Durand, email@example.com
- Everybody Counts Chair: Open Position
- Founder's Day Co-Chair: Heather Albert, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founder's Day Co-Chair: Jennifer Nevitt, email@example.com
- Healthy Life Style: Rebecca Chavez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hospitality Co-Chair: Starla Bridges, email@example.com
- Hospitality Co-Chair: Amy Emerick, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership: Haylee Huffman, email@example.com
- Newsletter: Meshelle Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reflections: Socorro Umrysh, email@example.com
- Parent Involvement: Kathy Zeleskey, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Media Coordinator: Francesca Newman, email@example.com
- Student Support Services: Marilyn Mann, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Title 1 Coordinator: Jocelyn Alexander, email@example.com