Have a question about the library?
1) What do I do if I have lost my computer login and password?
See your assistant principal's secretary.
2) How many books can I check out at a time?
Students may check out two books at a time, unless the books are being used by several classes for a research assignment.
3) How long may I keep a book that I have checked out?
Books are checked out for two weeks. We are happy to renew them (unless the book is a Lone Star).
4) What is the fine for late books?
Our fine is 10 cents per book per day. The maximum fine that we charge is $2.00 per book. Lost books must be replaced with a new one or paid for. If the lost book is found, we will gladly refund the money.
5) How will I know if I have a fine?
Mrs. Gladden sends out overdue notices once a six weeks. Your RELA teacher will give you the notice. Please see us ASAP so that the fine can be cleared. Or, you can stop by the library and ask! :)
6) Can I check out magazines?
No, unfortunately we did not renew our magazine subscriptions this year. :0( We decided to buy more books instead!
7) Is there a charge for printing?
No, not if you are printing for school assignments. Printing for personal reasons is not permitted.
8) Do you sell any supplies in the library?
Yes, we do! You may buy posterboards, floppy disks, blank CD's, manilla folders, transparencies, presentation folders with brads. You can purchase pens, gel pens, highlighters, pencils, paper, and notebooks at the library. No supplies cost more than $1.00.
9) Am I allowed to come to the library during lunch?
Yes, you are! Just make sure you have a pass and don't forget to sign in at the circulation desk.
10) Can I use the library before and after school?
Yes, you are encouraged to use the library as often as possible! You must have a morning pass. Use our check-in system at the circ desk. After school you may work until 4 o'clock. However, remember that we are not allowed to give tutorial bus tickets.
11) Can I download, use social networking spaces like MySpace, gaming websites, email, or instant message?
Absolutely positively not. In fact, you can only use the computer for school-related educational purposes and even then, you must have a signed Acceptable Use Policy.