AHS Reassessment Parameters 2012-2013
- Students have a deadline of one week to reassess after receiving the original graded assessment.
- Dual Credit: At this time, reassessment opportunities are not available.
- AP Courses: At this time, reassessment opportunities are not available.
- Level Courses/Honors/PreAP Courses: Students may choose to reassess one summative assessment per 9 week period. The original assessment and reassessment grades will be averaged regardless of the second test score.
- Reassessment may not be available for the last summative assessment of a grading period due to time constraints.
- Students may be reassessed on the objective(s) they missed and in the modality the teacher selects, i.e., a different test, oral defense, written modes, explanations, demonstrations, etc.
- If students want an opportunity to be reassessed on a summative assessment, students must:
1. Attend at least 1 tutorial session on the non-mastered material.
2. Make corrections to the original assessment and discuss the assessment with the teacher during tutorials.
3. Complete all missing assignments pertaining to the unit they want to reassess. Late work policy will apply.
4. Complete the reassessment form requiring both teacher and parent signatures.